<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

The results are in 

I'm still alive after the big race. I took a few photos, but they don't really capture the fun and excitement of a 2 pm ride under the blazing sun, or coming back from a midnight ride to some warm ears of roasted corn. Or how about the glorious sunrise ride on my 4th lap, following Jim Dover (who finished 2nd in the Solo category) and was on his 17 lap.
I ended up doing 5 laps (10 miles each). My fastest lap was 58 minutes, and my average time was 1:02. That's about a minute faster than my average last year. Maybe next year I can average under a hour? 2 of those laps were in darkness, with only my helmet and handle-bar lights to guide me. Or maybe that allowed me to go faster, you can't slow down for obstacles you can't see.
As a team we came in 14th out of 35 teams (150-199 combined age). Next year we might be in the 200+ category, which unfortunately seems to have tougher competition. Why does everyone get faster as they age?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
  • Free Book!